10 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Look Bigger
Small bathrooms don’t have to be dark and dank. Contrary to popular belief, making a small bathroom appear larger is not as hard as it seems. Here are 10 easy ways to quickly make a small bathroom look bigger.
- Mirrors–Add larger mirrors to reflect light and provide the illusion of space.
- lighten up–Lighting doesn’t have to be harsh, but adequate lighting is a must.
- Remove Barriers–Open up the room with clear glass shower doors or shelves.
- Monotone Decorating–Use the same light colors on walls, countertops, floors, and cabinetry to allow for the eyes to flow through your space.
- Negative Space–Consider using a pedestal sink which takes less space than traditional cabinets.
- Declutter–Find locations out of sight for toiletry items.
- Heads Up–Use the vertical space in the room too, tall cabinets providestorage and add interest to the room.
- Store Mats And Towels–Keep towels and floormats out of sight unless in use. A simple hand towel in a complementary color tone is what most guests need.
- Pocket Doors–Where you have room, use pocket doors or popular barnsliding doors to add extra space inside the bathroom.
- Glass – Clear glass shower doors are a great way to remove a visual barrier and make the room seem larger.