Priority Tasks Before Moving In
You did it. You moved into a new home you love and now you’re dreaming of how you’re going to decorate it. But before getting into all of that, there are still some other Priority tasks before moving in and redecorating!
- Changing the Locks: Double-check them even if you’ve been told that there are new locks installed. It’s better to take safety measures and know that no one else has keys to your home. Call in a locksmith if you want to spend a little money or it can be done yourself.
- Call an Exterminator: A great exterminator can take care of any pests that have been lurking in your home.
- Get the House Cleaned up: If it isn’t already, clean out the refrigerator, wipe down counters, cabinets, oven if needed, and plumbing fixtures. Prior occupants might have had pets or young children so it’s best to steam clean. This will free your floors of any junk or allergens.
- Mechanical Equipment Cleaned: Getting your heating and cooling systems cleaned is crucial and makes sure to get a service contract just in case it stops working suddenly.
- Get some Closet Organizers: Keep in mind where everything is going to get placed so it can be accommodated in your closet space. A shelf or a coat hook can go a long way for making room for an organization.
- Meet the Neighbors: You want to reach out to your neighbors as soon as possible. It’s good to establish yourself within the community and you can get advice on some home repairs like which plumber to use.
Having these as priorities will help you move into a clean, working home. And then, you’re ready to move in with all your belongings and start making it yours!