5 Things Millennial Home Buyers Look For
Millennial home buyers have entered the housing market and have ideas about what they want in their new home. Home design trends are becoming more innovative and reflective of the way we live today. These Millennial Home Buyers want bright homes that are informal and inviting; places where friends and families can gather and relax together.
Who Are These Millennial Home Buyers?
Millennials are also the first generation that grew up on technology. Most never knew a home without a computer, video game console or cell phone. They want their spaces to be intuitive and innovative. They buy “smart” products! Self-adjusting blinds, lights, appliances and other home features appeal to their sense of a technologically advanced home. Homes are being built with these buyers in mind.
Top 5 Home Design Features
1. Urban designs: Large loft-style home with great flow lots of light and open space.
2. DIY Fixer-uppers: Millennials enjoy getting dirty and redesigning their home to suit their tastes.
3. Natural Light: Millennials also grew up with a balance of playing outside and on computers, Light is also important. Light and bright with tall ceilings and lots of natural light.
4. Smart Home devices and features: Smart lights, thermostats if they can control the house with their phone or Alexa that is a huge catch. It helps them get a handle on everything from how much they are spending on heating and AC and who is at home at all times, with the cameras.
5. Sustainable materials: Reclaimed wood and energy efficiency. Millennial Home Buyers are aware they affect the environment. They want to be part of the solution to become harmonious with nature and technology.
As they continue to make up a greater portion of first time home buyers, builders will be creating more and more homes that reflect their unique perspective. Watch for more innovation, sustainability, and functionality in new home designs over the next decade.