Latest Kitchen Backsplash Trends
Kitchen trends are all anyone is talking about! Summer is upon us and home designers are hard at work showcasing the upcoming trends for 2020. This year, kitchen design shows are filled with new materials, patterns and colors as enthusiasts look for the latest trends and styles.
As we leave the dark granite countertops behind, kitchens are getting lighter, brighter and more streamlined looks. These new backsplashes are design statement pieces in their own right, creating a uniquely modern feel to the room. With a focus on sleek surfaces and natural elements, here are the latest kitchen trends for backsplashes.
- Mixed materials – layers of stone mix with sleek metal trims or softwood to create layer upon layer of design.
- Higher Profiles – the backsplash is no longer a 6” continuation of the countertop. Taller profiles and accent-wall styling are new trends.
- Bold Patterns – geometric tone-on-tone designs create visual interest.
- Subway Tiles – after so many of us removed the old white tile of our kitchens, designers are bringing them back in interesting shapes and patterns.
- Veins – larger granite, quartz or natural stone pieces are used as focal points, adding drama and depth.
- Backsplash Shelves – one of the latest design trends is to create a ledge or shelf along the top of a high-profile backsplash.
- Solid Wall – this last trend is eliminating a backsplash entirely and adding a stone “wall” in the kitchen, removing any visual distinction and creating a sleek, clean line.
The 2020 design trends are contemporary and exciting. After years of cozy kitchens and dark woods, these kitchens are light and bright; mixing soft natural stone and wood with hard, urban features for a modern, functional kitchen that suits any home style. These kitchen trends are finally fun spaces to enjoy making a meal as colorful as your favorite food!